H002 – HETAS Solid fuel regulations and standards
This combines both the Introduction to Solid Fuel and the Solid Fuel Regulations and Standards courses.
|2 days||Ripley, Derbyshire||£475 + VAT||Check availability|
Introduction to the course:
This course is aimed at retail outlet staff employed within the solid fuel industry who wishes to be a HETAS approved retailer.
The course consists of two days training and assessment.
H001, which is day 1 of this course.
- Fuel types, Storage & Selection.
- Principles of Combustion.
- Causes of Incomplete Combustion & Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
- Appliance types, Operating Principles & Selection.
- Legislation, Regulations & Industry guidance.
- Flue system & Ventilation requirements for solid fuel appliances.
How the course is assessed:
Multiple choice and desk based activity question papers; open book examination 100% to pass. Two attempts must get 80% or more for second attempt.
Register with HETAS as an Approved Retailer; following successful inspection from HETAS.
Learning and teaching methods:
Theory and visual aids in the training centre.